Setting low temp

Hey D,
Look for that pin! If you have it they will send replacement bolt and locking nut. You might be able to use a small mirror while laying under hopper and see it.

Andrus sent this guy to solve my issue.

Tyler Jensen
Executive Escalations Supervisor
TRAEGER WOOD FIRED GRILLS

Tyler told me the temperature should have reached 180. He listened to the 5 phone calls with technical support and then move 2 employees out of tech support. Then apologized for being sent the wrong controller. I am being offered a free upgrade to Pro Series 22, but reading a lot of problems with it's temp control in 2017/2018.

This video had me very worried after installing the "incorrect controller" (blue display). I did not like the auger moving into chamber and out so much.

Attachments

• IMG_0618.MOV
    13.3 MB
I will check out the pin. The problem I had with the controllers was the connectors on the controllers did not match the connectors on the Tailgater 20. The black/white wire on the controller was a female connector. The unit required a male connector. At this point I am waiting on a replacement of the original controller which should be sent around Oct 15. They are also send me a free Pro22 as well. I explained that I purchased the Tailgater 20 to take with us in our RV. Guess I’ll have one for the RV and One for home. We’ll see.

Durlinda, I received the Pro 22 this weekend and assembled. It has the pin in Auger, so I replaced immediately during assembly.
Instructions to find it:
Empty pellets thru side door
Remove both screws on controller and rotate controller and push inside
Remove 4 screws holding Pellet assembly to cooking chamber.
Now your looking directly at image below.
Need to complete burnin this week and verify 180'f with +/- 15'f.
IMG_0735.JPG
IMG_0740.JPG

Thanks for the info. We will definitely replace the pin. They are sending the Pro 22. I should receive it today.

I think it was a #8 allen head screw about 1 inch long. Best to use self locking nut. Might as well get 2 of each and look at replacing Tailgater also since you will be moving it.
Pro 22 weighs 137 lbs, so FedEx must call you and setup delivery.

Thanks for the info. We will definitely replace the pin. They are sending the Pro 22. I should receive it today.
Durlinda,
The new digital controller arrived for my Tailgater and I tested it with the Brisket recipe: https://www.traegergrills.com/learn/how-to-cook-brisket
Everything worked good.
After reaching 160'f temp I placed brisket in a 17X14 aluminum pan with tin foil on top and some Beef Broth in bottom. Had to bend the corners down to fit with door closed.

Did you get the 2019 new digital controller?

Latest Discussions

Back