Seasoning In Your New Griddle

Since you are from SC, I thought that might be the case. I grew up in VA with my grandmother living with us. She learned country cooking using old school methods. Her biscuits, pie crust and fried chicken were wonderful. In contrast, she overcooked vegetables until they were mush.
That’s true, until a couple years ago most of my diet included 60 years of southern cooking, mostly fried with a lot of breads, sugars and starches. I put the bulk of it in my past and realized I don’t need near the amount of food to survive. I drink cranberry or orange juice as my breakfast, skip lunch and eat a regular portion for dinner with the only snack in between is fruits and nuts. I’ve lost over 30 lbs over the course of two years, my doctor is amazed at how much better my stats are. No more elevated cholesterol and triglycerides, perfect BP and I feel better than I have in years. I love hard work, been in construction since I was 14 and work circles around most young guys on my job sites. Southern cooking is awesome, but in small portions, lol.

Back