Replacement rtd probe

Sloppysalmon219

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Anyone ever replace the rtd probe with a more accurate one?. My pro 575 was 25 degrees off I'm hoping this ironwood 885 is better but I'm assung same probe

Screenshot_20220408-173538_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220408-173338_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There may be a compatibility issue. It says "compatible only with Fireboard Pro 2". I would check with them. TC's are classified by type of metal (J, K, T, etc.) so just knowing it's a thermocouple doesn't give you enough information.
FWIW I tried to loosen the probe screws and they were frozen solid. I was concerned about stripping the Phillips head.

There may be a compatibility issue. It says "compatible only with Fireboard Pro 2". I would check with them.
FWIW I tried to loosen the probe screws and they were frozen solid. I was concerned about stripping the

There may be a compatibility issue. It says "compatible only with Fireboard Pro 2". I would check with them.
FWIW I tried to loosen the probe screws and they were frozen solid. I was concerned about stripping the Phillips head.
They say fireboard pro 2 because that's the only thermometer they have that has rtd connectors.. the d2 drive board has this connector

I replaced mine because the top broke….neither were accurate at all though

I replaced mine because the top broke….neither were accurate at all though
Did you use the Traeger or Fireboard? So long as mine remains functional (to start up and run the grill) I'll keep it and use my two Fireboard probes to maintain the temps.

If it aint broke.....

Last edited:
There may be a compatibility issue. It says "compatible only with Fireboard Pro 2". I would check with them. TC's are classified by type of metal (J, K, T, etc.) so just knowing it's a thermocouple doesn't give you enough information.
Confirmed type k with traeger

(y)

Back