[poll] Who's purchasing the new Timberline?

Who's purchasing the new Timberline

• Yes - Timberline XL

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Yes - Timberline

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • No

Votes: 37 77.1%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
Dang, after watching this, I'm interested now. Plus I can drive down and pick it up.

I think you will be impressed with them. Search them on YouTube for some videos of walk arounds and cooks.
They weren't an option for me because they don't have a presence north of the border. But I did drool over them a bit before making my purchase.

Curious why you would lean to LSG? What do you like over Yoder?
In addition to the link posted by @GrillMeister . Dead broke BBQ also made a review.

I think it's a great build, the smoke shack is longer and there is an option to close it off a bit. However, I am not a big fan of the grill grates. I think they will probably take more effort to clean. Removing the ash / drip pot is a plus as well.

Having said that, I am not in the market to purchase anything. I am pretty happy and content with my IW 885.

Last edited:
Meastchurch has just released a 'unpack and show' of the Timberline XL

Here

I see someone voted yes. Not that I expect an answer, but I wonder why you would go with one of these instead of a Yoder (or MAK) at this price point. Brand loyalty?
So much for secret ballots. Yes I would/will buy one in the future when I move to our new home and build an outdoor kitchen. No complaints with my Timberline 850 but I like the storage, pellet handling, separate smaller lower grate, the built in option and the grease and ash disposal. Meater will be interesting to hear about also.
Let's see what user input over the next year does to change my mind.
It's only money, right?

So much for secret ballots. Yes I would/will buy one in the future when I move to our new home and build an outdoor kitchen. No complaints with my Timberline 850 but I like the storage, pellet handling, separate smaller lower grate, the built in option and the grease and ash disposal. Meater will be interesting to hear about also.
It's only money, right?
It was a secret ballot. We can only see that SOMEBODY voted yes, not that YOU voted yes.

And nobody is judging one way or the other so you don’t have to defend yourself. Enjoy your new grill when you buy it! And good luck with the new house!

It's only money, right?
Definitely interesting on the feedback. And congratulations on your new home.

Just bought my 1300 in october so its a big no for me. There isnt much that id be dying for, the new controller looks really nice and i like the rack/accessory system. Call me crazy but i think its ugly, it looks like a propane grill, and i dont need the induction cook top....cabinets and the rack are really cool but again, the cabinets make it look like a propane grill. Interested to see if its possible to take the timberline front shelf off and retrofit that rack system....might be a really cool mod

forgot to mention.....if you could talk yourself into $3800 for this new timberline, your getting into mill scale 94 territory for a few extra bucks IMO....Never used a true offset but that thing is one bad ass piece!

Back