Plug pulled during cook

Slgoss

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
I accidentally pulled the plug during a cook. What’s protocol for starting back up?

I would be sure to execute the shutdown cycle then just start it back up.

Were you able to get it going again without ruining the cook?

I was on a bit of a time crunch so I started the shut down process. Pulled everything off including drip pan a plate and then started back up after 5-7 minutes of shut down. Seemed to work fine.

On the restart I made sure that the igniter was not lighting all the new startup pellets at once, that seems to be the issue when traegers “explode”

I lost power yesterday for 10 hours. Of course I was in the middle of smoking some prime NY Strips for a reverse sear. It was about 15 minutes before I dug out my Honda EU2000i generator and got it going again.

They tuned out great in candle light. :)

I may just buy another small UPS like the ones I have on my network gear and DVR's. A man has to have priorities.

1. Keep the Traeger burning
  2. Internet access
  3. DVR's recording

The beer fridge will stay cold for hours without power, so it' doesn't make the list. But it is a concern for sure.

The whole idea is to avoid loosing your programming for small drops in power. Or 15-30 minute power loss.

Nobody wants to loose the quiet time you get listening to the fan hum along.

The whole idea is to avoid loosing your programming for small drops in power. Or 15-30 minute power loss.

Nobody wants to loose the quiet time you get listening to the fan hum along.

I unplug mine all the time when I head out of town for a 4-5 days and it retains the Wifi network info without any problems.

I unplug mine all the time when I head out of town for a 4-5 days and it retains the Wifi network info without any problems.
We’re talking about during a cook. But yes, I think we all unplug them when not In use.

While in a cook we have recipes programmed to change temps once certain IT’s are achieved or for certain periods of time automatically. That and startup procedures when the pot is full and still burning.

We’re talking about during a cook. But yes, I think we all unplug them when not In use.

While in a cook we have recipes programmed to change temps once certain IT’s are achieved or for certain periods of time automatically. That and startup procedures when the pot is full and still burning.

Ah, gotcha. I'm still old school, using a MEATER probe and a timer. I've yet to try the probe and a recipe yet. A UPS would be a good investment to keep those settings and preventing a shutdown for a short time.

Back