Pellet Dust

When you're opening a bag of pellets, lift the bag upright and shake it gently before opening the top of the bag. If possible, let the bag sit upright for a while before you open it. This will encourage dust and broken pellet pieces to sink to the bottom rather than being distributed throughout the pellets.

krnt.run
myindigocard app

Last edited:
When you're opening a bag of pellets, lift the bag upright and shake it gently before opening the top of the bag. If possible, let the bag sit upright for a while before you open it. This will encourage dust and broken pellet pieces to sink to the bottom rather than being distributed throughout the pellets.
I just opened a bag of Pit Boss Apple Blend. I took out about half the bag for my cook. I picked it up a handful at a time and got very little dust. Of course, I do not yet know what I will find in the bottom of the bag.

IMO any time you move pellets; from a bag to storage container, from container to sifting device and from sifter to hopper you're creating some amount of dust. I use HD buckets for storage and when I open a new bag to transfer to the bucket I stand it up over the bucket and slit the bottom of the bag so whatever dust accumulated in the bag goes to the bottom of the bucket.

Back