Not a problem with the grill...

Reecard

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 22 Bronze, Ducane Stainless 5 burner, 28" Blackstone
I am sure I am not the first person that has had this problem, but yesterday my grease bucket fell off of the grill and hit my deck. And of course I was in the process of emptying it. How can I clean my deck of the wonderful grease stain? Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Idk the answer to your question but the grease bucket and how it "secures" to the grill is a definitely design flaw IMO

Stick a jar in the bucket. Screw the lid on when you want to remove it. I store the jar on the rack inside when not using it as to not attract pests.

Not sure if on the stain. Maybe goof off? Or a degreaser solvent? Simple Green? I use a zip tie to secure mine. Mine would fall off every time I put the cover on. Gorilla tape might work.

I had this happen to me. The way I got it out was sawdust and soap. First soak up with thick shop paper towels immediately without wiping too much, so as not to push the grease deeper. Then I layered a half inch of fine sawdust over the stains and covered with an outdoor rubber mat overnight (to keep the sawdust in place and provide light pressure). The sawdust pulled out a lot of the grease. Then used clear dish soap and water and a stiff bristle brush plus elbow grease. Rinsed off and let dry. This worked well so I repeated the entire process. Then bought a 3ft x 4ft rubber mat at Home depot for under my grill.

I’ve used both Dawn Dish Soap and orange oil-based solvent/degreaser on concrete stains (sorry no wood deck). The Dawn is certainly “wood safe”. Good luck!

Get some Zep Citrus cleaner. Good stuff and biodegradable.

Also, check into using a jar inside the bucket. Works great.

1628644889713.png

Because the jar holds better because of the weight keeping it from falling out of the slot? Or because it’s easier to remove because the bucket trays or whatever they are called definitely aren’t?

Because the jar holds better because of the weight keeping it from falling out of the slot? Or because it’s easier to remove because the bucket trays or whatever they are called definitely aren’t?

The jar fits up in the spout better. The weight helps too. I love olives, so I have plenty of jars. I just add the lid on one and replace with an empty one. My bucket stays clean that way.

View attachment 6839
Great idea!
For now I

View attachment 6839
excellent idea. I’ve been saving all jars lately to throw bacon grease in. And now for the grease from the T grill. Didn’t think about putting the jar in the cute bucket.
photo uploader

The jar fits up in the spout better. The weight helps too. I love olives, so I have plenty of jars. I just add the lid on one and replace with an empty one. My bucket stays clean that way.
I don't like olives. Will other jars work?

Back