Noise normal on Pro 575?

Darbsrewop

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Traeger
High pitch noise, seems to be coming from the exhaust fan at the bottom. I called Traeger and they are sending a new auger motor which I don't entirely agree with. I loosened the exhaust fan and move wires around and it seemed to help just didn't know if others experienced this. The noise is more apparent in the shutdown cycle.

Thanks in advance.

My ironwood 650 will make the high speed frequency pitch when running super smoke mode and sometimes during shutdown. Traeger sent me a new fan a year ago but I haven't replaced it. It only seems to make a high frequency notice when running fast. I don't think it is abnormal. Cheers.

Just noticed my fan has the same sound, did the new auger motor help?

Ya, that was no auger motor noise, just a loud fan. You might pull the bottom cover and see if pellet dust has sifted down into the bay, that will take out a fan prematurely, dry out the bearings.

these are nothing but bathroom fans, and when I fix noisy ones (cuz my business is home repair)I start with a drop or 2 of oil... these fans are outside in the humidity 24/7, I'll bet some corrosion takes place

If Traeger is replacing it anyway... see if oil helps while you wait, couldn't hurt

these are nothing but bathroom fans, and when I fix noisy ones (cuz my business is home repair)I start with a drop or 2 of oil... these fans are outside in the humidity 24/7, I'll bet some corrosion takes place

If Traeger is replacing it anyway... see if oil helps while you wait, couldn't hurt
They are really 120mm computer fans. My experience is that oil is a short lived fix.

I mentioned looking for pellet dust. Mine had a bunch of talcum fine wood dust inside the fan bay. I emptied the hopper and checked all the bottom seams for good sealing. I used a small amount of silicone seal in any questionable areas, wiping up all excess sealant. Just my two cents.

Back