New Silverton 810 Paint Damage Inquiry

hrothgar34

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Silverton 810
Hi Forum,

I received my first Traeger grill Silverton 810. When I opened the box, I found one of the grill corners were bent. There was no damage found on the box. I was able to assemble the grill and use it. However, I'm worried about the damage from weather since I live in Pacific Northwest. When I talked to the customer service, they said it's company policy to not send or identify the paint type because customers have applied wrong paint and filed warranty claims in the past. Instead, they suggested a video chat to verify problem and send replacement parts. I couldn't video chat because my registered information wasn't in the system yet (told to wait 24-48hrs).

Here are the pics
fa_1.jpg
fa_2.jpg
fa_4.jpg

Personally, I enjoy the grill and think it's wasteful to get a replacement part for a cosmetic defect. Also, I'm intimidated by the replacing the part myself and return process because of physical disability. I want to hear what more experienced Traeger users think (anyone know a matching paint?)
Thank you everybody for your input and time! Wish you all a great week

If the cosmetic damage doesn’t concern you, I’d still do a video chat with CS, and see if maybe they will send you a few bags of free pellets for your trouble

Latest Discussions

Back