More trawler coating problems

Having problems with Ridgeline. Lid and replacement still didn't fit as it appears stamped incorrectly at plant. Barrel arrives w no instructions and all bolt on from old barrel needed pulled and replaced. This is actually like sending a new engine block to a non mechanic and then having to unbolt everything and install to new barrel. They were to call me back after talking w a local Ace Dealer but once again no return call. I'm still waiting for 1 1/2 years for original call back.

Actually forced new lid to almost fit and close air gaps. Ordered a new temp probe from Amazon for $14 and will install since I had it apart and can do it.

Probably never another Traeger but hope I can salvage this one.

I have a solution, Get a refund and order a Recteq 590 or 700.
Stainless Steel, Ceramic Igniter, Cast Iron Deflector and a PID controller.

Having problems with Ridgeline. Lid and replacement still didn't fit as it appears stamped incorrectly at plant. Barrel arrives w no instructions and all bolt on from old barrel needed pulled and replaced. This is actually like sending a new engine block to a non mechanic and then having to unbolt everything and install to new barrel. They were to call me back after talking w a local Ace Dealer but once again no return call. I'm still waiting for 1 1/2 years for original call back.

Actually forced new lid to almost fit and close air gaps. Ordered a new temp probe from Amazon for $14 and will install since I had it apart and can do it.

Another "exclusive" model that was made specifically for a retailer. This one QVC. Your best bet is to deal with them directly if you want any sort of resolution.

I have a solution, Get a refund and order a Recteq 590 or 700.
Stainless Steel, Ceramic Igniter, Cast Iron Deflector and a PID controller.

There are just as many complaints on the Recteq forums as there are on here.

Why would the Ace guy call you back? I assume you bought this at Costco Or QVC. No? It’s pretty rude to try and get someone you jilted out of a sale to help you with your problem you encountered by buying a cheap edition of the grill they (Ace) sell at a higher price and higher quality. Deal with who you purchased from, period. Maybe you will consider who you buy from next time. Probably not though.

Wait a minute, you bought a grill from QVC and want ACE to help?

I’m too lazy to look at the other posts to verify but if this is the case then…!

I wouldn’t call you back either!

Wait a minute, you bought a grill from QVC and want ACE to help?

I’m too lazy to look at the other posts to verify but if this is the case then…!

I wouldn’t call you back either!
traeger suggested i take to ace(local Dealer) and traeger will have them disassemble and reassemble. She was calling ACE and ace was ok with this since they would be paid for warranty work.

There are just as many complaints on the Recteq forums as there are on here.
Very few complaints if any and zero regarding paint chipping our rust.
Most are how to questions and many temp control issues are due to user error.
Lost of post from former Traeger users that complained about rusting that switched to Recteq.
We do not have peeling or bubbling paint issues inside the Recteqs because they are built with 304 stainless steel.

Careful. He’s gonna bite at you.
He's gonna jump through his screen and mine? Somehow I have never understood how people are that afraid. Whether he admits it is a fire or not it is very suspicious that he does not just take the unit back to Costco. Costco has a very liberal return policy.

How does Traeger send out the wrong barrel? In these instances I have heard of Traeger sending out complete new grills or specific parts. Maybe I am mistaken.

Not sure about his spelling and grammar either. Either he is drunk or trying to justify a failure to use the Traeger properly.

He's gonna jump through his screen and mine? Somehow I have never understood how people are that afraid. Whether he admits it is a fire or not it is very suspicious that he does not just take the unit back to Costco. Costco has a very liberal return policy.

How does Traeger send out the wrong barrel? In these instances I have heard of Traeger sending out complete new grills or specific parts. Maybe I am mistaken.

Not sure about his spelling and grammar either. Either he is drunk or trying to justify a failure to use the Traeger properly.
That was kinda my point. It sure looks like there was a fire. Whether there was or not, I’ll never know but they have to scrutinize claims. His level of denial and unwillingness to recognize their justified suspicions makes me even more suspicious.
Many people are the whole world and we are just blessed to live in it with them.

Latest Discussions

Back