meat church seasonings

Holy Cow, Honey Hog Hot, VooDoo, Texas Sugar, Honey Bacon...Love em all but i can't say enough about holy cow on brisket. its ridiculously good
Do you simply use Holy Cow by itself, or do you first lay down some kosher salt and pepper?
-PH

I have done Holy Cow by itself. If you liberally apply holy cow u dont really need any salt, its plenty salty. Maybe a light base layer of pepper, but by itself it is nearly perfect

Deez Nuts is great on salmon. I just did beef short ribs with Holy Cow and they came out great also. Also love the Honey Hog and the Honey Bacon on ribs and pork butt.
Hello, wow never tried Deez Nuts on salmon. Need to try it. Did you use a mixture or solely Dees Nuts seasoning

Hello, wow never tried Deez Nuts on salmon. Need to try it. Did you use a mixture or solely Dees Nuts seasoning
Just used Deez Nuts. Matt Pitman at Meatchurch has a video doing salmon. Thats the recipe I followed and it came out great.

Holy Cow was my go-to for burgers until Honey Bacon BBQ came out. Holy Cow, Gospel and/or Holy Gospel for brisket. Voodoo is good on chicken or turkey. Honey Hog or Honey Hog Hot on pork. I just picked up Texas Sugar today. Haven’t cooked with it yet but tastes like a mix of Voodoo and Honey Hot Hot. The Fajita one is also good on chicken, beef, veggies. The Pecan one has been sitting in my cabinet for a while. Throw a few uncooked beans in the bottles to stop it from caking up. Rice works too but the beans won’t fall out through the shaker.
@traeger860 Question: When you use Honey Hog or Honey Hog Hot on pulled pork, do you mix it with The Gospel or Holy Gospel or anything else? I'm going to do another butt for SuperBowl and the first time I just used The Gospel.
Thanks,
-PH

@traeger860 Question: When you use Honey Hog or Honey Hog Hot on pulled pork, do you mix it with The Gospel or Holy Gospel or anything else? I'm going to do another butt for SuperBowl and the first time I just used The Gospel.
Thanks,
-PH
I’ve been mixing Honey Hog with Holy Voodoo and everybody loves it.

Thanks,
-PH
I just use mustard as a binder and then a Honey Hog and Honey Hog Hot mixture. Haven’t tried mixing it with any others yet. But it would probably mix well with either Voodoo or Texas Sugar.

Thanks,
-PH
I used both on a wild boar front shoulder that son shot. It was delicious but very little spice hot from honey hg hot

Attachments

• 1261F4CE-40AB-43FF-A583-011054CB0BF5.jpeg
    1261F4CE-40AB-43FF-A583-011054CB0BF5.jpeg
    276.9 KB · Views: 16
  • B43FFD29-6AB2-4D69-B512-0BE8059DA212.jpeg
    B43FFD29-6AB2-4D69-B512-0BE8059DA212.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 17
Thanks,
-PH
i followed meat church's recipe to a T doing gospel, and then finishing with honey hog hot, butter, brown sugar, in a half tray wrapped and used the juices in a fat seperator.....it was fantastic, next one i do is going to be texas sugar with honey hog hot

I like MC rubs on ribs but I’ve not found much difference between the taste on pulled pork. I use my family recipe on butts however by the time the sauce is on it you don’t taste the rub.

I have not tried the Meat Church rubs, but I suspect they are pretty good. Most people purchase rubs because they are too lazy to produce their own. There are many brands of simple salt, pepper garlic blends that sell for far more than it would cost you to make your own from kosher salt, coarse pepper and granulated garlic.

I do have DIY SPG blend, but I also have a wide variety of other rubs. I seldom use just one rub, but tend to use multiple layers. Trying different flavor combination is part of the fun.

I have not tried the Meat Church rubs, but I suspect they are pretty good. Most people purchase rubs because they are too lazy to produce their own. There are many brands of simple salt, pepper garlic blends that sell for far more than it would cost you to make your own from kosher salt, coarse pepper and granulated garlic.

I do have DIY SPG blend, but I also have a wide variety of other rubs. I seldom use just one rub, but tend to use multiple layers. Trying different flavor combination is part of the fun.
I agree, you can find so many rub recipes online and they are easy and cheap to make. I can’t remember the last time I paid for a rub or sauce. I’ve got several friends and family that either cook competition, own restaurants or has hookups to get cases for free. Same way I got my 780 free. I do like MC rubs as well as Killer Hog’s, Traeger’s are okay and one I just got my hands on that you probably already know of, Lillie’s Carolina Dirt.

Back