Looking at buying a slightly used Traeger Pro 575 - opinions on price?

aja8888

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Looking at them now
Local fellow has a slightly used (he says 10 times) model 575 for sale @$550 asking. This includes a Traeger grill cover and a bag of pellets. The pictures look good and it certainly does not look very old or beat. He says the WiFi works. Any idea if this is a good price for this unit? My alternative is a $500 Model 22 on sale now.

I have a Weber series 320 older gas grill and I am new to smoking.

Added the only photo on the ad.

Attachments

• Traeger Pro 575.jpg
    Traeger Pro 575.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 503
Last edited:
if everything is in working order, and its clean, i dont think its a bad price

If everything is in working order then, yes it is a good price. You may want to inspect it before buying, making it has been cleaned and there is no rust.

The only way to know for sure that everything is working is to do a test cook. That does not mean that you need cook something, but you need to put pellets in the hopper, prime the auger, set a pit temperature on the controller and then ignite the grill. Start off around 225F and then increase the temperature 50 degrees at a time until you reach the maximum. Then initiate the shutdown sequence.

If everything works properly, then you should be good to go. Remember that the original owner's warranty won't pass to you. While many replacement parts are reasonably priced, it you had to install a new control panel, you would be better off purchasing a new 575 with warranty coverage.

if everything is in working order, and its clean, i dont think its a bad price
Thanks, I just added the only photo that is on the ad. I would expect the seller to run it for me to make sure the auger and electronics are good.

The only way to know for sure that everything is working is to do a test cook. That does not mean that you need cook something, but you need to put pellets in the hopper, prime the auger, set a pit temperature on the controller and then ignite the grill. Start off around 225F and then increase the temperature 50 degrees at a time until you reach the maximum. Then initiate the shutdown sequence.

If everything works properly, then you should be good to go. Remember that the original owner's warranty won't pass to you. While many replacement parts are reasonably priced, it you had to install a new control panel, you would be better off purchasing a new 575 with warranty coverage.
Good advice, thanks.

DO NOT get the 22, it does not have Wifire controller
the 575 is what you want if everything looks tiptop
10 cooks shouldn't even show any wear or rust and make sure your built in RTD probe isn't broken or bent.

DO NOT get the 22, it does not have Wifire controller
the 575 is what you want if everything looks tiptop
10 cooks shouldn't even show any wear or rust and make sure your built in RTD probe isn't broken or bent.
Thanks, the 22 is definitely off the radar. I'm still leaning toward the 575, but with no warranty, I may just buy a new one. I'm finding reviewing used smokers, in general, has no real pluses as the past owners' history is not reliable.....oh, it works great!, only used a few times, etc.

oh, it works great!, only used a few times, etc.
Well, so he says. The APP should actually have his history of hours used...?? Thought I saw that somewhere.

My first reply was gonna be, "for that amount just buy a new one."

Well, so he says. The APP should actually have his history of hours used...?? Thought I saw that somewhere.

My first reply was gonna be, "for that amount just buy a new one."
I didn't know that, thanks.

I didn't know that, thanks.

Something shows it, either the grill itself, or maybe on the cloud, I know Traeger used to email you your activity for the month

Local fellow has a slightly used (he says 10 times) model 575 for sale @$550 asking. This includes a Traeger grill cover and a bag of pellets. The pictures look good and it certainly does not look very old or beat. He says the WiFi works. Any idea if this is a good price for this unit? My alternative is a $500 Model 22 on sale now.

I have a Weber series 320 older gas grill and I am new to smoking.

Added the only photo on the ad.
Yes it’s a good price. A new one is $799. The Model 22 for $500 won’t have the Wi-Fi

Guy sold it before I could make up my mind. UGH!:cry:
if it were me....id use the money i was going to spend and put it down on a brand new one. And then finance the rest w/ 0% interest...i always take advantage of 0% interest, most major places will/should do this

Back