Lil Tex not keeping temp

Bubba_cox

Media
Reaction score
Grill
lil tex
Hey guys brand new here. Got a Lil Tex. About 5 years old. Start it as told on smoke level. Set to temp. It will reach set temp and auger will kick off. After that auger will never kick back on to keep temp. Will eventually blink ler . Have replaced auger motor as per traeger support and control panel. Bought panel a traeger dealer in Abilene Texas. He said it was right one. Who knows. Hoping someone has ran across this. Thanks for help.
Bubba

Read the guide. From my understanding the only thing I haven’t replaced is the rtd probe. But is reading Temp correctly. Is it possible I have the wrong controller installed? It’s a lil Tex with the black lid. I don’t think it’s the elite.

Is it possible I have the wrong controller installed?

YEAH, but I wouldn't know what you're supposed to have... I would think only Traeger would know that... I'm sorry Bubba, I was sure you would find the problem, especially since you get an ERROR, there has to be some explanation

I’ll figure it out eventually and I’ll share with ya. I did call traeger a while back and they said I needed an auger. I guess I’ll call them back

It does sound like a jammed auger.
No sir. It will feed pellets perfectly all the way up to desired temp. Then once it reaches temp and stops it will never start again. Turn grill off after inevitable ler error and restart and auger works just the same way again. Clean brand new pellets. Brand new motor. Definitely not a jam.

Got it, well, then I vote for a defective replacement controller. These are pretty simple units, if the auger spins freely then the controller isn't toggling the auger power correctly. Just be sure all connections are solid!

No sir. It will feed pellets perfectly all the way up to desired temp. Then once it reaches temp and stops it will never start again. Turn grill off after inevitable ler error and restart and auger works just the same way again. Clean brand new pellets. Brand new motor. Definitely not a jam.
Does it matter what setting it is on?

I think it'd be worth replacing the RTD probe. They are only $20-25. Can always return it if it doesn't fix the issue. It's an easy install.

Id try replacing rtd also. If that doesn't do it I'd say faulty controller, or a bad connection off of the controller.

I guess I'd suggest the same as above... but the controller reads the rtd, so if a new rtd don't work then all you got left is a bad controller... and you really never did PROVE your controller was the "right one" from that guy???

If you post a picture of the controller, we can probably help you confirm if it's the right one. Chances are that it's the right one if it was plug and play though. If it has the connection for the meat probes, it's probably BAC365. If it doesn't, it's probably BAC236. Both are compatible with the Lil Tex.

Latest Discussions

Back