lil Tex auger issue

Rgrill

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Lil tex
Have a 8 yr old lil Tex and it has worked year round in Canada with a bit of regular maintenance. Now my Tex hasn’t produce a single meal for months. It started with gfi tripping. Annoying but could live with it. Then it started tripping breaker so changed gfi and breaker. Was ok for a partial brisket the again with the gfi tripping. So I tear it apart and start with the hot rod replacement,gear box replacement, auger bushing replaced, induction fan replaced( it was working but started to squeak on startup). And now I have a lil Tex that will smoke pellets but auger will not turn. I have minimal mechanical skills but this has me stumped...any help would be appreciated.

Can you hear it trying to turn like it might be jammed? Or no noise or movement at all? Might be worth pulling the controller out and making sure all of the connections are solid.

Check the wiring to make sure there are no bare wires. Make sure the wires go to the correct place.
Screenshot_20210320-235001_Drive.jpg

If these are OK, in my opinion it's probably the controller.

I'd try all advice you get here, then if all else fails. Replace the controller.

Check the wiring to make sure there are no bare wires. Make sure the wires go to the correct place.View attachment 4858
If these are OK, in my opinion it's probably the controller.
I have old controller since I upgraded to digital. I will change it and see. What part fails on digital controller?

Can you hear it trying to turn like it might be jammed? Or no noise or movement at all? Might be worth pulling the controller out and making sure all of the connections are solid.
Not jammed no movement at all. Connections solid

I have old controller since I upgraded to digital. I will change it and see. What part fails on digital controller?
Possibly the Circuit board.

Possibly the Circuit board.
How to check? I changed out controller and loosened screws holding bearing on new gear box as fan was moving jerkily. Lol see pics of my “new” controller. I will try to cook meatloaf tonight as controller doesn’t have a thermostat that I can see. Thanks for the quick replies.

Attachments

• 1CB87E27-1BF6-4E3A-8449-3C8A153D218B.jpeg
    1CB87E27-1BF6-4E3A-8449-3C8A153D218B.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 35
I'd try all advice you get here, then if all else fails. Replace the controller.
The screws holding bushing were too tight keeping the auger fan from spinning. Loosened screws and slowly tightening as it runs. I will let you know if this stops working. As of now we are running again. 🤔

The screws holding bushing were too tight keeping the auger fan from spinning. Loosened screws and slowly tightening as it runs. I will let you know if this stops working. As of now we are running again. 🤔
Welcome back

How did the grill work on your cook?

Everything worked after I primed my auger🙄🤣;my blower fan had a squeal and I sprayed silicone spray on the bottom of fan hub. I don’t know how much play the fan should have...it feels like a few hundredths...not bad and I think it is supposed to have some.

Timmy have you ever wet aged a brisket?
No I haven't, I buyem at the store a few days prior. On the day I cookem I rub them down and on the the T they go.

Latest Discussions

Back