Ironwood WiFi antenna?

Would adding an outlet to an IW885 and plugging in a WiFi extender increase signal strength?
Just setting up a WiFi extender could be good enough in your case. The problem is that if the WiFi signal at the IW885 is too weak, then even the extender might not pick it up and extend it. That's the case for me... the wifi signal is so weak, that an extender at the location of my grill just won't pick up the wifi signal at all, leave alone the Traeger.

I put a UFL connector on J39 and a small 2.4ghz dipole antenna and it works. If you have the means to do it, hot air soldering required, it takes about 5 minutes.
Shawn - I have been thinking about getting a hot air soldering station, but I have never used one. What is the specific reason for the hot air versus a regular soldering iron for the connection? Can you send the temp, what you specifically did, and perhaps a photo. I have been working with electronics soldering for 4 decades, so I am comfortable doing whatever you tell me. Thanks!!!!!!

I put a UFL connector on J39 and a small 2.4ghz dipole antenna and it works. If you have the means to do it, hot air soldering required, it takes about 5 minutes.
Did you use the hot air soldering gun to remove the cover around the circuit board or how did you get the screws out that are under the cover?

Back