ip problems

Warremar

Reaction score
Grill
575 pro series
I’ve have spent 7 hours trying to connect my new 575-pro series to WiFi. I get so far and I get a message that it has timed out before getting an assigned ip address. I’ve used the routerthere app and it’s no help. I’ve even moved the smoker into the same room at the WiFi router (7feet away) and still get the same message. The routerthere app says the signal is not strong enough. I measured the signal strength and it’s a10 out of 10 both in the room and outside.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I’ve have spent 7 hours trying to connect my new 575-pro series to WiFi. I get so far and I get a message that it has timed out before getting an assigned ip address. I’ve used the routerthere app and it’s no help. I’ve even moved the smoker into the same room at the WiFi router (7feet away) and still get the same message. The routerthere app says the signal is not strong enough. I measured the signal strength and it’s a10 out of 10 both in the room and outside.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Are you using 5G ? They have to have 2.4G to operate. That’s the only thing I know, I have T-Mobile home internet and I had a hard time with my setup.

Presumably because you have tried the routethis app and spent 7 hours working on it you have been working your way through the comprehensive Traeger online WiFi connection and troubleshooting guides? Trouble is there are quite a few idiosyncrasies and (unhelpful) nuggets of information examples include:

If you have Apple HomeKit enabled, you should disconnect it because it creates firewalls that may prevent your grill from connecting.
Note that the Traeger app is supported only on Android 10 or newer. Older versions may not permit full functionality of the app. Galaxy S22 with Android 13 OS cannot pair.
On the grill’s controller, ensure Demo Mode is off.

My 575 Pro connected first time without issue via the iPhone Traeger app and an iPad but I then wanted to change to using the Android version and Samsung phone and could I get it to work, ended up going back to iPhone. I then sold the 575 after deleting all the data and the new owner just couldn't get it to connect at all, turns out he had an old router (ostensibly 5GHz and 2.4Ghz) and once he upgraded which he planned on doing anyway all was good.

It could even be as simple as a faulty / disconnected antenna on the Traeger? Maybe call Traeger tech support as it sounds like it is still under warranty?

Back