Induction Burners on the New Timberlines

MidwestSmoker

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Pro 575
I was carefully looking over all the capabilities on the new Timberlines as I suspect some of these may start trickling down to the Pro and Ironwood lines in the future. There are many attractive features: Meater thermometers, room for accessories, new dust and grease collection system, etc. Many of you may want these on your Traeger, but I don't consider them essential or something that I crave. Well, all except one: I want that induction burner! When I need to sear a steak, I don't like cranking up my Traeger, I use my gas grill as it is a faster and more efficient. But having an induction burner is even more convenient.

Thinking about this, it occurred to me that I could just as easily buy an induction burner for use with my Traeger. So I went ahead and bought this one, but this one is cheaper and almost as good. Anyway, I tested it this weekend by making pasta. The water started boiling in about 2 minutes and I had to lower it during the cook otherwise it would have really boiled over! I will have no problem searing steaks with this. It is small enough that it will fit on the front or side shelves of all the Traegers. And it is portable enough to be taken anywhere.

If anyone really likes the idea of having an induction side burner, you can easily do this.

Induction burners are awesome! Just remember cookware has to be magnetic in order to work. Stainless or aluminum pots/pans will not work. Cast Iron works great though.

Induction burners are awesome! Just remember cookware has to be magnetic in order to work. Stainless or aluminum pots/pans will not work. Cast Iron works great though.
Aluminum won't work, but I think stainless will. I used a stainless pan in my test cook. It is easy to test this. Just take one of your fridge magnets and see if it sticks to the pan.

Aluminum won't work, but I think stainless will. I used a stainless pan in my test cook. It is easy to test this. Just take one of your fridge magnets and see if it sticks to the pan.

A lot of stainless won't unless it has a magnetic core. The fridge magnet is a great test.

Back