I need help with leg of lamb.

Thorasta

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Silverlight 810
My intent: I want to slow cook until it is super tender. I intend to let it rest for 30 minutes, cube it, and mix with hot masala sauce and put on top of rice, eat with naan.

HOW WARM DO I GET THE INTERNAL TEMP?
I am not looking for a medium leg of lamb, 140 is not the temperature I want, my wife is VERY UNLIKELY to eat meat that is still red. I want brown and tender. think pulled pork or brisket.

I'm not finding what I want with google searches.

Last edited:
Well, it was taking too long to slow cook, so I smoked it for 4.5 hours, then finished it at 325 and cooked it to 145-148. :p

Well, it was taking too long to slow cook, so I smoked it for 4.5 hours, then finished it at 325 and cooked it to 145-148. :p
Glad it worked out! I don't do lamb or I would have given advice.

P.S. Pics or it didn't happen! 😁

I marinate the lamb overnight and then roast it. Key is cooking to temp.

Heat the Traeger to 450, then roast the lamb for about 15 minutes. Then drop the temp and cook till 145 internal. Yum. Best with home made Tzatziki sauce. It's an Easter tradition for me, but I like it so much I do it a couple more times a year. Costco has great boneless legs of lamb (the only way to go).

Leg of Lamb1.jpg
Leg of Lamb2.jpg

Heat the Traeger to 450, then roast the lamb for about 15 minutes. Then drop the temp and cook till 145 internal. Yum. Best with home made Tzatziki sauce. It's an Easter tradition for me, but I like it so much I do it a couple more times a year. Costco has great boneless legs of lamb (the only way to go).

View attachment 4301View attachment 4302

I just bought a Lamb Leg Boneless Roast from Costco.

Is that what you cooked above?

$7.99 per lb X 4.19lbs (that was the smallest one they had)
ONLY a 33.33333% increase ! ! !

Was confused that it was called a boneless "roast"

Last edited:

View attachment 4301View attachment 4302

I have eaten lamb before, but have never cooked it.
Follow-up Questions if you don't mind.

After roasting the leg of lamb boneless roast at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, what did you drop the temperature to?

Approx how long would it take to get a 4 lb roast to 145 degrees internal temperature?

Did you not "smoke" your roast at all?

I have eaten lamb before, but have never cooked it.
Follow-up Questions if you don't mind.

After roasting the leg of lamb boneless roast at 450 degrees for 15 minutes, what did you drop the temperature to?

Approx how long would it take to get a 4 lb roast to 145 degrees internal temperature?

Did you not "smoke" your roast at all?

I drop the temp down to 350 degrees. It will take about an hour to get to 145, but results will vary based on where you put the probe.

I found a recipe to cook a leg of lamb like a pork butt and I may attempt this. The idea is to prepare lamb for Mediterranean-style shaved lamb dishes. This also similar to barbacoa-style lamb dishes.

Back