How far off is your RTD?

Now that I know it’s close I’m satisfied. What peaked my interest was the day I stuck my MK 4 just inside the grommet and it maxed out, over 100 degrees higher then the RTD. At the time I didn’t realize that area was a hot spot and thought things were way off. I can deal with 10 degrees or so. I just didn’t want to have it set at 235 and find out it’s really only 160 or something like that. My RTD and meat probe are both close enough to keep my satisfied. After about a year I can say this is the best grill I’ve ever bought.

So maybe I am one of the lucky ones. I finally used my grill tonight and stuck in the thermopro. From start up to over 400 degrees it was within 5-10 degrees of the Traeger probe. I did move it at one point from under the RTD to the side by the chimney and there was about a 40 degree difference in temps. On the right side both were reading 375 and once moved to the left I was between 330-340. Do you guys see swings that big from one side to the other. On the RTD side my my RTD is a little low so when I had it set to 225 it was reading between 230-235. I would rather it be low than high, I would rather things go a little faster than slower and I can keep an eye on meat temps with my MK4.
Depending on what the temp setting is I see < 20 dredges if under 200, but 50 degrees if over 300

Depending on what the temp setting is I see < 20 dredges if under 200, but 50 degrees if over 300
My 780 is about the same.

Have 2 racks of St. Louis spares in the Ironwood. This thread made me put the probe in on my ThermoWorks Smoke. Temp at the grill grate has been running about 5 degrees lower than the Traeger sensor says for the whole cook. I'm good with that.

Have 2 racks of St. Louis spares in the Ironwood. This thread made me put the probe in on my ThermoWorks Smoke. Temp at the grill grate has been running about 5 degrees lower than the Traeger sensor says for the whole cook. I'm good with that.
Yeah, that’s not bad at all…

Back