Hello from Colorado

Huet

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood
Just introducing myself. I live in Colorado along the front range, southwest of Denver. I’ve been using a BGE for around 10 years and just purchased a new Ironwood, which I really enjoy. The BGE is great but I’ve become frustrated with the difficulty of keeping the temperature set for low and slow smoking. I’ve done a couple of simple cooks on the Ironwood, chicken and salmon, and both turned out great. I can hardly wait to try a brisket.

Welcome to the Forum!
Great group of folks on here willing to help answer questions and provide some useful advice and tips. I’ve had my XL BGE over twenty years and still love it. I have a Traeger 780 pro that I use as well. The Traeger is easier and quicker but doesn’t have the deep smoke flavor like the egg. A friend gave me a Inkbird Controller for my egg and I have to admit that it’s a complete game changer for keeping it steady at low and slow. So don’t kick it to the curb, lol. However you’ll love the Traeger in its own way.

Welcome to the Forum!
Great group of folks on here willing to help answer questions and provide some useful advice and tips. I’ve had my XL BGE over twenty years and still love it. I have a Traeger 780 pro that I use as well. The Traeger is easier and quicker but doesn’t have the deep smoke flavor like the egg. A friend gave me a Inkbird Controller for my egg and I have to admit that it’s a complete game changer for keeping it steady at low and slow. So don’t kick it to the curb, lol. However you’ll love the Traeger in its own way.
Thank you. Yea, my BGE is great, I added a BBQ Guru Ultra Q that works good, just thought that the Treager would be easier to control at temperatures around 200 degrees. The other thing is that when we’re having cold weather and snow, I think that the Ironwood will be easier to fire up and start cooking.

Thank you. Yea, my BGE is great, I added a BBQ Guru Ultra Q that works good, just thought that the Treager would be easier to control at temperatures around 200 degrees. The other thing is that when we’re having cold weather and snow, I think that the Ironwood will be easier to fire up and start cooking.
Please share your progress with us. We love seeing pictures of cooks and learning from others as well.

Welcome!

Back