HEB Rubs

Murf

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
Down here in Austin for our twin granddaughter’s high school graduation. 🧑‍🎓🎉 Stopped in HEB to pick up some HEB brisket rub and also purchased some SuckleBusters SPG. Anyone use this? Likes? Dislikes?
Thanks.
Murf

Not a big fan of Sucklebusters stuff, but SPG is just that, Salt, Pepper, & Garlic, so it's OK. Welcome to Austin!
My family is growing its presence here in Austin. A Son, Daughter, and Stepdaughter live in the immediate area with their families and our Grandkids. I expect the visit count to grow quickly.
As for the SPG, I was looking for Kinders or Livia’s. Sucklebusters has a small amount of other spices (unnamed). We shall see!

Last edited:
Let us know what you think of that HEB brisket rub. I've heard good things about it.

Seriously, no just it alone. It awesome stuff.
What kind of bark does it produce? I know that Holy Cow/Holy Gospel is tough to beat for a good bark.

What kind of bark does it produce? I know that Holy Cow/Holy Gospel is tough to beat for a good bark.
I’ll put a pic up tomorrow.

I've used the brisket rub on a chuckie twice now and there is NO BETTER BARK IMO.

Look what this thread made me do!! Will report back on the rub later this week!

heb-brisket-rub.jpeg

Look what this thread made me do!! Will report back on the rub later this week!

View attachment 5738

You will fall in love, WARNING!!!!
(also it is kinda salty but that's what makes the whole cook good.)

BTW, a super trimmed brisket??? HUH??? I HATE you H-E-B guys!!!! NO WAIT, I HATE MYSELF for living in a :poop: hole part of the country that is H-E-B-less

You will fall in love, WARNING!!!!
(also it is kinda salty but that's what makes the whole cook good.)

BTW, a super trimmed brisket??? HUH??? I HATE you H-E-B guys!!!! NO WAIT, I HATE MYSELF for living in a :poop: hole part of the country that is H-E-B-less
I thought I’d was kinda peppery…

Back