Heavy Stainless steel drip trays and heat shields

I build these to order for almost every traeger grill. Send me a message with your grill model and zip code and I can get you a quote.
These are built out of heavy 304 stainless so
No more rust
No more warping so less apt to catch fire
No more hotspots
Looking forward to talking to all of you
Sean, if you’re still in business I have an ironwood 885 and would love a quote. Van

Can you send me a picture of the drip tray in the grill please?
Finally got inside to replace things. Here's photos of my pan, it twisted. Again, maybe it's my smaller and insulated TL850. Putting back my previous pan and my baffle restored the temp stability as well, maybe because of lower thermal mass.

Attachments

• IMG_7868.jpeg
    IMG_7868.jpeg
    123.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_7867.jpeg
    IMG_7867.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_7866.jpeg
    IMG_7866.jpeg
    89.5 KB · Views: 61
That drip pan has the same rust my stock one does. The rest of my stock one is just plain old black.

1688009910808.png

Finally got inside to replace things. Here's photos of my pan, it twisted. Again, maybe it's my smaller and insulated TL850. Putting back my previous pan and my baffle restored the temp stability as well, maybe because of lower thermal mass.
I would have liked to see how you had this in your grill before you took it out.
Do you run a smoke tube in your grill?

I would have liked to see how you had this in your grill before you took it out.
Do you run a smoke tube in your grill?
Nevermind I found the issue.
Your previous post
"Just an update on my personal experience with this pan on my Timberline 850. After only a couple of months this pan has terribly warped. It's so thick and heavy that I can't fix it. I cook and low and high Temps (450F) and apparently the pan doesn't like it. It also vaporizes foil liners.

This said, I'm tossing it and going back to my previous stock pan setup with modified baffle under it."

"with modified baffle under it."
This is what I wanted to know.
Modified baffle tells me where the odd heat marks are from.

I build these to order for almost every traeger grill. Send me a message with your grill model and zip code and I can get you a quote.
No more rust
No more hotspots
Intrested in products for timberline 1300!
Email.
[email protected]

Nevermind I found the issue.
Your previous post
"Just an update on my personal experience with this pan on my Timberline 850. After only a couple of months this pan has terribly warped. It's so thick and heavy that I can't fix it. I cook and low and high Temps (450F) and apparently the pan doesn't like it. It also vaporizes foil liners.

This said, I'm tossing it and going back to my previous stock pan setup with modified baffle under it."

"with modified baffle under it."
This is what I wanted to know.
Modified baffle tells me where the odd heat marks are from.
No, I used your baffle with your pan.

The 850 is narrower and the bulk of the fire heat is to the left side. I had added an insulated shield around the left drip channel as that area just gets toasted. I suspect it defects more heat up to the left side of the drip pan. To deal with that, I protected the stock pan by adding a secondary baffle to shield the left side. That works fine in my setup and balances the heat.

I had figured that your thick pan would be impervious to the heat, but it wasn't.

I've attached photos of my mods.

Attachments

• IMG_8203.jpeg
    IMG_8203.jpeg
    341.6 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_8813.jpeg
    IMG_8813.jpeg
    269.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_8826.jpeg
    IMG_8826.jpeg
    273 KB · Views: 57
  • 20201020T180744.jpeg
    20201020T180744.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 57
So again you are blaming my parts.
Not your modifications.
I have had 2 issues with these Timberline sets. Both grills in the long run after asking enough questions were modified.
Every other set are totally fine and that is many sets now.
I appreciate your opinion about my parts but having all the info out there really seems like the only fair way for people to look at the issues that come up about a product.
Sorry they didn't work for you.

No more rust
No more hotspots
I have a 575 Pro and am very interested in your products!! Please send details
[email protected]
Can’t wait to get these from you

So again you are blaming my parts.
Not your modifications.
I have had 2 issues with these Timberline sets. Both grills in the long run after asking enough questions were modified.
Every other set are totally fine and that is many sets now.
I appreciate your opinion about my parts but having all the info out there really seems like the only fair way for people to look at the issues that come up about a product.
Sorry they didn't work for you.
Cool your jets, I'm not blaming anyone, just reporting my experience and my thoughts on why it failed in my setup. If I had thought that it was defective design on your part, I would have asked for a refund. I've documented all my mods on this forum well before your pans showed up. I was thinking that a super thick pan would be a great addition, but it's clear that it can fail if it gets a bit more heat on one side as in my case. It's important to share results , good and bad, and to know why.

Back