Help! First time Pro 780 setup question

Chris99

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 780
Hi all, this is my first post.

I set up my Pro 780 for the first time today. The initial seasoning process went fine. Then I started the process of setting up the wifi. The display on the controller shows it is connected to my router and has said "downloading files" for around 8 hours now. It still doesn't show up in my app either. While this has been going on I was still able to operate everything through the control panel and made my first batch of burgers which turned out great.

How long should the download take? Eight hours seems like a very long time. I'm not even sure how to stop it and start over if I needed to. My router is a short distance away and my phone wifi analyzer app show a very strong signal near the grill. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Solved, I think. I powered down and powered back on. I was then able to run the setup process again but chose the manual setup instead of the QR code. It took about 30 seconds and everything was complete.

Solved, I think. I powered down and powered back on. I was then able to run the setup process again but chose the manual setup instead of the QR code. It took about 30 seconds and everything was complete.

Mine took what seemed like forever. Came back some hours later and the message was gone.

when you say powered down do you mean on the back or using the controller?

when you say powered down do you mean on the back or using the controller?

He means power cycling at the red switch on the back of the controller ...

Back