First Mistake...

bms

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Well, I cooked 16 burgers for a family gathering on Saturday night, and made my first critical error - did not clean my 575. Put a sirloin steak on Monday night, and while I was working in my garden I saw the flames coming from the grease drain. By the time I got there and opened up the grill, the interior was on fire. It melted the rubber plug that the probe goes through, but more importantly, it bubbled the paint on the side of the barrel near the grease drain (see pic).

I know I can get a new rubber plug for the probe, but any suggestions for the bubbled paint? I'm worried that if I just let it go it will rust. Thanks
74B2B671-4B68-41A9-AE9D-ECD9B1C2AFC8.jpeg

Just my two cents, I'd tape off the area with a nice border, lightly sand to feather the area level again. Then spray with High Temp paint in thin coats, let dry a few days, then carefully heat the grill in stages to allow the paint to cure.

Well, after going back and forth with Traeger CS, they determined that the paint issue was a manufacturing defect, and they sent me a brand new Pro 575! It was a pain and required patience, but they reviewed the video I took while on the phone with CS and this was the outcome - obviously worth the time and effort.

Many complain about Traeger, but to me this demonstrates great customer loyalty. I’m impressed!

Latest Discussions

Back