Fireboard probe failure

No I don't but I think Slim uses them and that is why I ordered them

I now got at least 2 of each type and kind... comp short and long, and regular
there is a use for each one on the various meats we cook... and I also don't think $15 is a bank breaker. But Jake has had some bad luck that's for sure

Hopefully we are now organised. I found that Fireboard has a similar probe loop called the organiser. So I have ordered those and the probes from Fireboard so my shipping is now half what I expected, still $US41 though.:mad:

I now got at least 2 of each type and kind... comp short and long, and regular
there is a use for each one on the various meats we cook... and I also don't think $15 is a bank breaker. But Jake has had some bad luck that's for sure
What do use the short probes on?

Maybe check out the thermoworks brand. They seem to be very durable and reliable. Although, nothing is exempt to the occasional issue. Have you guys contacted the company? Even though it’s out of warrant, if you did not damage them or clean them improperly, they should give you new probes. The warranty protects them from abuse of the product. That said, some companies are better than others. Good luck.
Are you able to use other's brand probe with FB?

smiley-signs011.gif

What do use the short probes on?

Chicken thighs, breasts, legs, whatever meat is twice the thick the probe is, that puts it in the middle.

I use the short probes on the flat on briskets as well as steak, chops or chicken. For me, its easier than dealing with the longer probes on thinner meats.
They work great on pork belly too!

Nothing better than getting a belly, cut off a few pounds for pork burnt ends, and then cure the rest for home made bacon.

Are you able to use other's brand probe with FB?
I think other probes can be used, they just have to be a certain type.
Thermistor or RTD
As long as the probe is that type and the FB is set to the correct type it should work.

K-type is exclusive to that one model FB

What probes can I use with my FireBoard?
The FBX11, FBX2, and FBX2D support thermistor and RTD probes. The FBX2K supports type-k thermocouple

Last edited:
Back