Father's Day (overnight) brisket it on

Results neighbor's. The bark looks great. I did noticed that one of his seasoning had brown sugar. The smoke taste was definitely there. I still have that smoke taste after 10 minutes. It definitely wiggles. However, I though it was more dry that mine. But it's worth to note that when we were putting it on the traeger, the bottom of the butcher paper riped and we lost most if not all of the juice.

Attachments

• IMG_20210620_183552249_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210620_183552249_HDR.jpg
    214.8 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_20210620_183800296.jpg
    IMG_20210620_183800296.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_20210620_183803949_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210620_183803949_HDR.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20210620_183939160_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210620_183939160_HDR.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 62
Verdict - Having taste both brisket for this cook I thought mine was definitely better with the taste along with the seasoning but my neighbors had the best bark plus smoke. We will be doing more next time especially if my buddy request a full brisket as oppose to half.

Thanks all especially @Slimpicker and @JamesB for all of your suggestions.

Last edited:
Great job Miguel, seriously, that looks sweet.
Your neighbor got "more smoke" while it was on his BGE, there is nothing you can do in your Traeger that will match that.
Yours didn't look dry at all to me, I only hope my next one is that good. (y)

Your neighbor got "more smoke" while it was on his BGE, there is nothing you can do in your Traeger that will match that.
Yours didn't look dry at all to me, I only hope my next one is that good. (y)
Thinking back now. I do recalled that he was getting a lot of white smoke in his grill. I comment to him that it was bad smoke but he said that it would go away. I though the white smoke was still when he put it in. He has been smoking longer that myself so I usually follow his lead but next time, going to see if I can help him adjust prior to getting the fire going.

Thinking back now. I do recalled that he was getting a lot of white smoke in his grill. I comment to him that it was bad smoke but he said that it would go away. I though the white smoke was still when he put it in. He has been smoking longer that myself so I usually follow his lead but next time, going to see if I can help him adjust prior to getting the fire going.
Well what I mostly meant was, since you said his had more smokey 'flavor', that's because of his 'fuel' on a BGE and Traeger will never match that taste of good ol charcoal and wood chunks!!! Still, yours looked like it turned out 👌👌
I would have had no complaints driving up to CHItown and sampling it...
drool.gif

Back