Destroyed Timberline 1300 Wood Cutting Board

DarienJim

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300, Big Green Egg, Weber Genesis
I just got back from Florida to Connecticut where I have my Traeger stored under a Traeger cover all winter and took the cover off and the wood cutting board was completely destroyed. It was dried out and broken into at least 30 pieces of wood. Does anybody know where to get a replacement one as I’ve been searching around and cannot seem to find one?

Traeger does sell them, says on their website to contact customer service (but the link tells you it's discontinued, so probably out of luck)

Home Depot (maybe you may luck out)

There are people making them and selling online on Etsy and other sites. Try a search for them online and you should get some results

Maybe you can find a cutting board that is close in size and fits the lid and add the magnets to it from your existing board

Here's one, a little expensive in my opinion

Maybe you can find a cutting board that is close in size and fits the lid and add the magnets

That's basically what I did, found myself a suitably sized ready prepared cutting board on eBay (sycamore in my case) added some magnets and hey presto a nice little board for less than $40 / £30.

This article steered me away from bamboo in terms of food safety and meat hence to switch to a suitable wood board.

https://chefsvisionknives.com/blogs/chefs-vision-blog/bamboo-vs-wood-cutting-board-pros-cons-of-each#:~:text=High silica content: Bamboo can,faster than wood cutting boards.

Last edited:
Back