D2 Controller Firmware Version

Have you compared your.pit RTD to

Have you compared the pit RTD actual feedback to another thermometer? I have and I find the pit RTD reads a bit low. I find the higher the temp setpoint the larger the difference in accuracy. The thermocouple is beside the rtd during the comparison. I also did check the calibration of the comparison probe prior to this test.

Wow, that's quite a bit of difference. Thanks for posting your results. I might have to order one of those units and check mine.

How do we get firmware updated? Mine is same version. Brand new 885 and temp issues and fan shuts off and on.

I just left mine plugged in and it updated automatically. I didn't get any type of notice though. Traeger needs to improve the upgrade process, they should make it similar to an iPhone update. I hope someone from Traeger watches this forum and take notes :)

Cyber Q pit probe in my pit

Set 375
Traeger 348-355
Cyberq 362-366

Was the range

So for now if i set 15 higher than desired ill be close. 885 with Traeger Applewood.

We did a test burn on our brand new Pro 780 last night. We were dropping connectivity to the app, but it only happened at the end of stages. It was odd. We were on the edge of our wireless network signal, so I will plug it in tonight in the garage with solid signal and see what the firmware is now, and if it updates overnight.

I do wish we could force the firmware. So far so good though. The controller seemed solid and worked as directed. Other than the drops. That may have been user error.

I just checked our 780. it looks to be an early firmware build. I have it plugged in and turned on with good network connection now. Hopefully something gets pushed to it automatically.

Yup. I'm still waiting for the download. They told me on Tuesday it would be within 24 hours and still hasn't. I called this morning and they told me only a supervisor can push then through. Apparently I'm in the que waiting to receive it. No supervisor was there until 10am Pacific time. I'm about to call and try to speak to one and ask to have it downloaded. I will update later.

Only a supervisor can push the update? hope they have enough supervisors. im pretty sure its going to get very busy soon.

Have you compared your.pit RTD to

Have you compared the pit RTD actual feedback to another thermometer? I have and I find the pit RTD reads a bit low. I find the higher the temp setpoint the larger the difference in accuracy. The thermocouple is beside the rtd during the comparison. I also did check the calibration of the comparison probe prior to this test.
My 575 does the same. Ambient thermometers tell me there’s a 70 degree difference at 225 which means I’m smoking at 150ish. The difference is larger at higher temps. I can’t get the grill to go past 335. Plus there’s dramatic temp differences on different spots on the grates. Traeger is sending me a new RTD sensor.

When they said to "check the orange wire" what are they refering to? Check for what? Most people can only check if it's plugged in. I'm trying to get a service/ wiring diagram for this controller and sensors. I then want to check my RTD based on several temp setpoints and also verify output voltages to fan, etc. I do expect some temp variation but keeping in mind that it is a fire pot providing the heat and reaction to the actual feedback will not be fast nor too precise. Other than smoking at 225 which it struggles to do, all higher temps are ok. My guess is either controller reflash and/or a new/different RTD.
They are referring to the fan wires

Yup. I'm still waiting for the download. They told me on Tuesday it would be within 24 hours and still hasn't. I called this morning and they told me only a supervisor can push then through. Apparently I'm in the que waiting to receive it. No supervisor was there until 10am Pacific time. I'm about to call and try to speak to one and ask to have it downloaded. I will update later.

Are you saying they are pushing out a version to you that is newer than 01.01.00??

They pushed a firmware update last night to my 575.

Attachments

• 0FEA316F-614D-42B3-AC37-BC4AFD68532F.png
    0FEA316F-614D-42B3-AC37-BC4AFD68532F.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 279
Back