Costco point only purchase

arthurdent

Media
Reaction score
Grill
ironwood 650
I visited my local Costco (Madison), Wisconsin). They had 3 Brisket Points for sale. They were labeled as "whole brisket". They were priced the same as the packer briskets in the meat cooler. $4.49 /lb.

Has anyone seen these for sale at Costco? I have seen flats sold at Costco but not Points.

Points are my favorite cut from a packers. I bought all three. My brother-in-law just smoked one of them on his Yoder. The report is it was fantastic!

point.jpg

point2.jpg

anyone else find Point only brisket at their Costco

Not me, but I'll have a look tomorrow when I go. I would be willing to pay $4.49/lb for point.

I have seen the point only at Costco this one time. I am going to talk to the meat manager next time I visit.

Let me know what you find out please.

Just returned from Costco and they didn't have point-only brisket. They did have choice-grade flats for $8.29/lb (seems high) and prime-grade Packers for $3.99/lb, which seems like a good price.

That is what I have seen in flat only prices. I assume it is more than a packer cut because the flat has less hard fat which is to be trimmed.

$3.99 The packer price seems to be coming down. Where are the trimmed points going.? Hopefully not into stew meat and hamburger.

Packer brisket prime was $3.99 / lb. Flat was $10.70.

I talked to the meat manager. The point-only brisket is only available when the wrap of the packer brisket is damaged. They then separate the point from the flat when they rewrap.

Back