BOOM!

dflippo

Reaction score
Grill
PRO series 22
Ok, so barbecuing along chicken @ 450*, and at about 30 minutes I notice the temp dropping. Checked grill it seemed cool, gauge read 200*. Checked pellet box had a depression, could she auger. Pushed pellets into auger area then got Lhe error. Unplugged grill began to smoke profusely, then big pop lid flew up , scared the becheeseus outta me. Opened lid & saw huge flames unplugged it it’s cooling now.
What happened?

That happened to me about 7 weeks ago when trying to do a filet roast. I set it at 450, it came up to temperature but the steadily dropped. Had to finish it on my Weber gas grill. A couple of days later I cleaned up the little ash there was and also saw there were pellets in the fire box. The pellets were fresh out of an new bag. Since then it seems to be working but the dial temperature is about 25 deg. more than the actual. I have not tried anything ovver 400 since. This is a new 650. My ancient Traeger from the 1990's was not sophisticated but never any issues like this.

Ok, so barbecuing along chicken @ 450*, and at about 30 minutes I notice the temp dropping. Checked grill it seemed cool, gauge read 200*. Checked pellet box had a depression, could she auger. Pushed pellets into auger area then got Lhe error. Unplugged grill began to smoke profusely, then big pop lid flew up , scared the becheeseus outta me. Opened lid & saw huge flames unplugged it it’s cooling now.
What happened?
Clean your grill……

Sounds like a grill fire. Definitely clean your grill especially your burn box and drip tray. Give it another try. I think it will be ok.

Back