Blown Fuse - Maybe?

jersmith26

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood 885
While cleaning my Traeger yesterday with a shop vac, and yes the Traeger was unplugged, I noticed a spark, maybe when the vac hose attachment touched the side of the grill. Now the Traeger won't start, checked the GFI and the outlet, both are good. Is it most likely a blown fuse? That seems easy to check and replace. If that's what happened, why?

You have a metal vac hose??? And your grill was unplugged? That must be one Hella Static electricity!!!
scratchheadyellow.gif

It was not a metal hose and as I said the grill was unplugged. Haven’t had a chance to check the fuse but I think it might the power cord. Is so, second time it has failed.

Interesting. Some serious static electricity.

I vacuum my Traegers all the time, but they are always plugged in (thus grounded).

What model do you have?

Low humidity? High airflow, plastic hose, could have been static discharge, and could have damaged the controller but man, that seems unlikely.

Double check the power plug connections on both ends.

Low humidity? High airflow, plastic hose, could have been static discharge, and could have damaged the controller but man, that seems unlikely.

Double check the power plug connections on both ends.

Since he unplugged it (no ground) the static had no where to go. Could that have killed his controller?

Latest Discussions

Back