Auger stops

Tmayberry95691

Reaction score
Grill
Select
I am having terrible with my 5 year old Traeger. I start up the unit as usual and after about a minute the auger stops. If u turn it off and back on it does the same thing. I have replaced the auger motor, the RTD the bushing, and the control panel. If I keep turning it off and on the Traeger will but stop at 180 for smoke but will continue up to over 300. Eventually, i turn it off and it will smoke through the hopper. These are brand new pellets, and the auger tunnel is clean. Any recommendations with be greatly appreciated. Ready to take it back to Costco even at 5 years old!

have you tried replacing the controller or the thermostat? Something is telling it to stop running.

have you tried replacing the controller or the thermostat? Something is telling it to stop running.
Yes the controller and thermostat have any been replaced. Going to replace the induction fan, thermocoupler, and fire pot next. After that I will have replaced everything except the auger. The auger looks old but isn't warped.

This exact thing just happened to mine. Replaced control unit last year. Just replaced auger motor today. No change.

I am having terrible with my 5 year old Traeger. I start up the unit as usual and after about a minute the auger stops. If u turn it off and back on it does the same thing. I have replaced the auger motor, the RTD the bushing, and the control panel. If I keep turning it off and on the Traeger will but stop at 180 for smoke but will continue up to over 300. Eventually, i turn it off and it will smoke through the hopper. These are brand new pellets, and the auger tunnel is clean. Any recommendations with be greatly appreciated. Ready to take it back to Costco even at 5 years old!
I just picked up a used Lil' Tex and had the same issue. Try switching the plugs between the igniter and the auger motor. The igniter is on a 5 minute time limit (assuming your smoke temperature will get hot enough in 5 minutes to keep the fire going), the motor only stops when the Traeger gets to temperature.,

Back