Auger Motor Shutting Down

Tgwags212

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Century 34
Dear Traeger Nation,
I am in desperate need of your input. I have a Century 34 Grill bought from Costco somewhere between 5 and 7 years ago. It has worked flawless up to 2 months ago. Since that
time I have been troubleshooting with Traeger Technical Support and they have been unsuccessful in resolving the issue. The issue is as follows:
  • After 1 minute and 12 seconds the auger motor quits running. The following troubleshooting has been accomplished:
    • Two New Controllers with new thermocouple
    • New motor
    • Plugged into orange harness which is same power but goes to convection motor and the auger motor runs fine
    • Plug in existing motor or new motor disconnected from auger and the motors run exactly 1 minute and 12 seconds and then shutoff. You can turn power off then on, the motor starts but runs the same duty cycle of 1 minute and 12 seconds.
I am at a loss because the controller comes with a new harness and the motor came with a new harness. Same issue. I thought I had an auger-jam so I took it all apart to run the motors unloaded and the exact same problem is re-occurring. There is nothing else to change in the system. As a note:
  • The first controller Traeger sent was incorrect because it had the wrong thermocouple probe
  • The second controller Traeger sent (shown below) has two probe receptacles, my original had one, but this one came with the correct new 7-inch Thermocouple probe which I installed.
I am not sure what I am missing but certainly could use some advice as I am about to trash this $900.00 grill. Please respond with some more troubleshooting tips. I no longer wish to talk with Traeger Technical Support because they only know the basics and this fault will not be in their troubleshooting manual.
Tgwags212
IMG_0135.JPG

Back