Assembled By Home Depot

vinnyd615

Reaction score
Grill
Pro780
I recently purchased a Pro780 at Home Depot and opted for them to assemble and deliver. When it arrived, I first noticed it was the floor model because it still had the magnetic stickers that listed the features, etc. That wasn’t the problem though, at least for me. What was the problem was that they had not properly installed the drip pan which was just laying flat on the bottom of the grill instead of slanting towards the drip bucket portal. Had I not thought make a thorough inspection and corrected the error, it might have become a serious problem and potential grease fire hazard. Someone was either not paying close attention to the assembly instructions, was in a hurry, or the pan became dislodged during transport/delivery. I’m sure this has happened to others but please be sure to advise new owners of this potential issue.

I recently purchased a Pro780 at Home Depot and opted for them to assemble and deliver. When it arrived, I first noticed it was the floor model because it still had the magnetic stickers that listed the features, etc. That wasn’t the problem though, at least for me. What was the problem was that they had not properly installed the drip pan which was just laying flat on the bottom of the grill instead of slanting towards the drip bucket portal. Had I not thought make a thorough inspection and corrected the error, it might have become a serious problem and potential grease fire hazard. Someone was either not paying close attention to the assembly instructions, was in a hurry, or the pan became dislodged during transport/delivery. I’m sure this has happened to others but please be sure to advise new owners of this potential issue.

Well, thanks for the heads up, but we are not an "official" Traeger Support Forum
And I would never trust anything pre-assembled by anyone, most of all Home Depot without a complete inspection before you ruin your new grill... I hope you took OFF the plastic cap on your built in probe before firing it up!!!

Sounds like the drip pan bounced up and off the ledge during delivery or they laid it flat so it would not bounce off during delivery.

I took my Pro 780 out of the box and it had all those magnetic placards. That’s just the way they come.

Re the drip tray, it probably just got bounced on the ride to your house.

I took my Pro 780 out of the box and it had all those magnetic placards. That’s just the way they come.

Re the drip tray, it probably just got bounced on the ride to your house.
Same.
Same thought.
Vey minor issues here.

I used those labels to make my own. They work great!

1657484721467.png

Also purchased my Pro780 from HD. I double checked everything, and they did ok. Biggest issue was rolling it to my back patio across grass. Fortunately the neighbor’s lawn guy came over, picked it up on his mower deck and dropped it off on my back patio!

Just an FYI: I purchased my 850 from Ace Hardware and brought the heavy box home in my truck and assembled it myself. It also came with the magnetic feature sticker (which I still use to impress my friends) so yours may not have been the floor model.

All of the magnets came with mine in the box (stuck to the cover and pellet box.). It may have been a fresh build.

Just be aware that grease fires are always a minor hazard in all grills. Even with a sloped pan, grease will adhere to the surface and potentially combust if heated above 375. It’s always a great idea to make note of what you’ve cooked previously and what you are cooking presently. The amount of fat rendered and the pit temps need to be respected.

Back