Accidentally tripped over cord

Sloppysalmon219

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Hey,
Got a weird question mid cook my kid tripped over my extention cord and I loss power. What is the correct way to restart it fast?

What I did was
Turn unit on and then quickly power down which took like 17 or 20 min. Then I restarted it.

Seems like a pain but I didn't know what I should do?

Next time do I set it back to my desired temp and let if fly?

One a couple of occasions, I've had to do a restart because of something like the firepot going out. I just hard-restarted and reignited - the only thing this really does is skip the shutdown cycle, which, as you noted is 15+ minutes depending on what the temp was at that time. Others may have more insight, but i believe the shutdown process is to gradually reduce temp and make sure that there is no 400 to ambient too quickly. It's sorta similar to doing a cooldown mile after a long run :)

The only potential issue of doing the hard restart is that the firepot may get more pellets than necessary as some were probably in there already when the power was shut. In theory it could run a little hot initially, or you could end up with a flare-up, but it should be short-lived.

In short, just keep an eye on it if you have to restart. And finally, many of use have tied up the cord to help minimize the risk.

Back