2021 Super Bowl Cooks

Hopefully it’s a good game like last year! We’ll be cheering for the adopted hometown CHIEFS while enjoying my first-ever brisket and baked potatoes off the new Century 885.. Thankfully there are many recipe/cook recommendations posted so I won’t ruin a $60 cut of beef! Serious thanks to everyone sharing knowledge and experience here!

Beef roast to make chili or whatever is on sale at local meat counter.

Gonna be about -18 to -25. My 885 will be tested.

Viking's fan so I just hoping for a good game.

Wings and pulled pork. Patriots fan here so I'm rooting for Brady and Gronk to get another one.

So what is everyone planning to smoke for Super Bowl? Who's your team?
Chicken drumsticks (using my low salt brown sugar rub) with Soux-Z-Wow basting. Friend is making Meat Church Queso. I'm bringing a couple bottles of my 2016 Meritage and a bottle of Far Niente Chardonnay
I'm a college FB (USC) guy so I just want to see a high scoring shootout

Chicken Quesadillas, Pico De Gallo, Meat Church Smoked Queso, maybe some Pig Shots.
Favorite team: Patriots. Looking for Brady & Gronk to have a big day!

I could give a rump roast about football teams and their politics these days, but I am smoking several st Louis racks for family and friends. Probably tweaking the 3 2 1 to a 3 1 1 because way too much fall off the bone lately !! Either that, or may do a 9 lb wagu rib eye roast, not 100% committed to either yet.

Last edited:
Meat Church inspired pork belly burnt ends, and then we decided to make that Meat Church queso dip with the smoked gouda and chorizo. My brother told me he's bringing air fryer wings.. I might murder him before kick off.

Pizza! We’e done a couple on the stone in my 780 and they’ve been out of this world. No recipe, we just use our own toppings. We make the dough in a bread maker. I think we’ve done better with 500F for about 10 minutes vs 450F for 15 minutes. Small party, just the in-laws.

Traeger cajun broil and or Traeger drumsticks.

Im for the Cheifs but for reasons of my own, i think Tampa will get it.

SLOW SMOKED BONELESS RIBEYE ROAST

HARDWOOD: Mesquite, Hickory, Cherry or Lumber Jack Supreme

COOK TIME: Approximately 4-5 hours

EQUIPMENT:
* Heavy Duty Aluminum Foil
* Appropriate-sized aluminum pan
* Large meat rack
* Meat Injector

INGREDIENTS:
* Boneless Rib Eye Roast
* Olive Oil
* Traeger Prime Rib Rub (Montreal Steak Seasoning is another option)
* 15 – OZ of Beef Broth for the Injection
* 3 – Tablespoons of Minor’s Au Jus Concentrate injection

PREPARATION:
* Place the Prime Rib on a meat rack (cooling rack) and both place in an aluminum plan.
* Inject the Prime rib with the Beef Broth and Au Jus Concentrate marinade
* Refrigerate overnight.

MORNING OF YOUR COOK: Super Bowl Sunday!
* Rub the Roast with Olive Oil.
* Cover the entire roast with Prime Rib Rub or Montreal Steak Seasoning (or both)
* Lay Springs of fresh Thyme on top of the Roast

YOUR COOK:

1. Set and pre-heat the grill temp to 500.

2. Place the Roast directly on the grill grate and cook at 500 for 20- minutes until a good bark is formed.

3. After 20 minutes, pull the roast off the grill, and re-set the grill temp to 225 (Super Smoke if you have it).

4. Once the grill temp reaches 225, place the roast back on the grill grate and roast until internal meat temp reaches 135 degrees.

5. Once internal meat temp reaches 135 degrees, remove the roast from the grill, tent with aluminum foil and rest for 20 minutes.

NOTES: Goes great with butter injected baked potatoes.
* Cook potatoes until they are soft
* Inject the potatoes with melted garlic herb butter
* Apply a light coat of avocado oil or olive oil to the potato and dust with Kosher salt.
* Place back on the grill until the Prime Rib is done.

Back