Troubleshooting

Patiochef

Reaction score
Grill
Ironwood885
My ironwood 855 does not lite. As soon pushing the ignite button it goes blank.

You posted this in the Traeger Flatrock subforum rather than the Traeger grill forum. Perhaps a moderator can move it.

You are going to have to provide a lot more information before you figure out what is wrong.

I would suggest removing the grates, drip tray and flame shield from the Ironwood. That will allow you to see exactly what is happening in the grill.

I am assuming that when you say "it goes blank" you are talking about the screen on the control panel.

Typically, all outdoor outlets should be protected with a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter, either at the outlet itself or at the main breaker panel. The first thing to check is whether you have power at the outlet. If the Ironwood has a ground fault in the ignition circuit, then as soon as you press the ignite button, the GFCI will trip to protect you from potential electrical shock.

If you find the GFCI is tripped, unplug the main power cord from the bottom of the grill and then reset the GFCI breaker.

Next turn off the main power toggle switch on the Ironwood and then plug the power cord into the bottom of the grill. If the GFCI does not trip, turn the power switch back on. At this point, the screen controller should turn back on.

Next check out other functions of the controller. For example, can you use the prime auger function to push pellets into the burn pot?

If everything else seems to be working properly, try pushing the ignite button. If the GFCI trips immediately, there is a good chance that the problem is with the hot rod that ignites the pellets in the burn pot. The hot rods are considered to be a consumable part. You can order new hot rods online or you might find them locally at an Ace Hardware, Home Depot or other Traeger dealer. You can find YouTube videos that will explain step by step how to replace the hot rod. It will take some time, but it is not terribly difficult if you have some skills with tools.

My ironwood 855 does not lite. As soon pushing the ignite button it goes blank.
As Ray mentioned, posted in wrong section.
I haven’t used an Ironwood but on my 780 Pro when I first got it I had an issue similar. I was just pressing and releasing the ignite button instead of pressing and holding it until it starts making noises and displays igniting. Mine kept showing the Traeger name the would go off. Hopefully this is your case.

Back