Traeger timberline 850, wrapping the drip pan with tin foil

victoryrules8

Reaction score
Grill
ironwood 650
as the title says. just purchased a new timberline 850 and I'm curious how everyone wraps their drip pan. this is definently different than my other pellet grills. just curious if anyone has any tips or pointers. I read about the grease leaking issues that other people have had, I've taken good notes on that. thanks again.

The HD foil works, but I have tended to stick with the trays. I don't use the Traeger brand, but I use these (in my case a T-1300) that are less expensive and have worked very well so far.

Fig & Leaf Drip Tray

The HD foil works, but I have tended to stick with the trays. I don't use the Traeger brand, but I use these (in my case a T-1300) that are less expensive and have worked very well so far.

Fig & Leaf Drip Tray
10 for US$25 down there. 10 for CDN$70 up here. Ugh. I'll stick with the foil.

I use heavy duty foil on my 850, mine melts on the left side on occasion. I'm switching to one of BBQ Man's heavy stainless pans, and will use foil on it.

Will the corrugated aluminum pan you buy in the grocery store as cookie sheets work as well, have some of Fig & Leaf drip trays coming but won't arrive in time for our grilling our chicken

Fig & Leaf Drip Tray
I use HD foil, cover the whole drip tray and trim where needed. I also change the foil with each cook.

Back