Traeger Newbie...getting smoke but no fire...(so to speak)

JeffE

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 22
PRO 22 user. I smoked some killer wings, then left the Traeger on to burn off the mess on the grill. I forgot to set a timer, and subsequently forgot to go out and turn it off. When I went out the LER error code was on. I looked up how to fix that and took care of it. The next day, I went to turn the smoker on and it began to smoke, but the temperature stayed at 66, went as high as 68 but then dropped to 66 again. After a bit, the LER error code came back on.

Not sure where to go from here... thanks in advance to anyone who has some advice for me!

You don't need me to say that you never leave them on to burn off the mess. However, I would suggest contacting Traeger and just say my Pro22 will not go over 66, they may send you a new controller. They won't if you tell them about the burn off:ROFLMAO:

Thanks davwhite! Much appreciated. Have you had the same experience with a controller? Is there any way to test that or do something to fix it before I call? Guessing there probably isn't... but if there is, please let me know! And again, thanks for the help.

Nothing you can do to fix it, look at the link for how to change one.
They have sent out countless controllers to people that I know.

Thanks for the insights - I wish I had better news... I unplugged, let it sit a day, then had the same issue this AM. Will be calling CS today.

Latest Discussions

Back