Traeger & Meat Church

Hogan

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Pro 22 (factory cover, welder's blanket for winter cooks), Weber Genesis, Thermoworks ChefAlarm, ThermoPro wireless Dual Probe
I'm new to Traeger world and have been watching the videos to switch my thinking from upright charcoal smoking to offset pellet smoking. Something that jumps out from these videos is that there appears to be a tight working relationship between Traeger and Meat Church. It's not an issue, but I would like someone to come clean on this.

I'm new to Traeger world and have been watching the videos to switch my thinking from upright charcoal smoking to offset pellet smoking. Something that jumps out from these videos is that there appears to be a tight working relationship between Traeger and Meat Church. It's not an issue, but I would like someone to come clean on this.
Welcome to the forum, you’ll find plenty of useful information on here. I’m not sure what you’re asking but Meat Church like several others make a living from their videos and I’m sure Traeger is a big sponsor along with some others. He’s also promoting his products so I’m sure it’s a good pairing partnership for advertising purposes for both parties. One of my good friends owns a major outdoor business and has partnered with the biggest outdoor company in the country but he doesn’t own my friends business just makes them both more profitable and popular.

It's all about marketing and brand exposure and representation/placement.
He isn't their only brand ambassador, they have more

None of these ambassadors seem to be 'tied' to Traeger. Most, if not all,represent other products as well as their own in some cases.
Lots of Matt's videos use other types of smokers as well as the Traeger grills.
Rest assured that more than likely none of them do this without some form of remuneration from Traeger. Hard to feed families on good will.

He’s always been pretty clear and open about his relationship with Traeger

Traeger, Mill Scale and 44 Steaks . Probably more. No issues in my book.
Oh yeah, Montana Knife if you care to sell your first born to buy one.

Last edited:
Yes, Meat Church and Traeger are closely connected. Perhaps the best indication of this is the flat top griddle. In 2022, Matt endorsed the Loco flat top griddle with much fanfare.

In 2023, Traeger announced their Flatrock griddle. They had never ventured into the griddle space so Matt apparently felt safe endorsing Loco. Once the Flatrock was announced, the Loco griddle soon became "persona non grata" in Matt's outdoor kitchen. Now the Flatrock is the one he endorses.

Fortunately, the Loco endorsement video is still up for viewing.

I do enjoy some of Matt's cooking tips videos, but when he is hyping the latest and greatest from Traeger, I just turn it off.

I much prefer videos from those who compare products based on their merits. In the case of flat top griddles, I like the Flat Top King. He says that every model has pros and cons and he will list them. It depends upon your needs and preferences as to which is the right product for your outdoor kitchen. That same statement is true of pellet grills as well. One product does not fit all households.

Likewise, I do not eat Triscuit crackers. I have never liked them and an endorsement by Gordon Ramsey does not improve my opinion of the product.

Back