Traeger Flatrock now at Home Depot

primeone

Administrator
Staff member
Media
Reaction score
Grill
2023 Ironwood-L
I was at Home Depot last night and noticed they finally have the Flatrock and several accessories for it in stock.

traeger-flat-rock-home-depot1.jpg

And you didn’t buy it?

Not yet, I'll wait for a deal. (y)

You might need to wait a while. The Flatrock is still quite new. Father's Day is typically one of the prime sale days for grills and accessories. If you are lucky, you might see it put on sale for Labor Day.

I was at HD yesterday and they had two of them on display. I noticed guy on the end of the isle struggling to load something on a dolly, it was a Nexgrill griddle. The HD associate came to help but we had it loaded up. The guy buying the griddle said he could buy three for the price of one Flatrock, the associate said they had four but everyone is either buying the Loco or Nexgrill, the only other ones they stock. He said the Traeger Rep said although it’s a very good griddle in every way, it’s too plain looking. Everyone loves the nice side shelves but no storage underneath. Kinda what I had thought. But he said they expect it to do very well but it’ll take time being the most expensive one on the market. I feel like it’ll do well, look how much those Timberlines are selling for and lots of folks buy them.

I bet no sales as supply is low and demand is high. Why put a product on sale when you can’t produce them fast enough. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Time will tell. 👍🏻

I bet no sales as supply is low and demand is high. Why put a product on sale when you can’t produce them fast enough. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Time will tell. 👍🏻
Are they doing pretty well sales wise I guess?

I was at HD yesterday and they had two of them on display. I noticed guy on the end of the isle struggling to load something on a dolly, it was a Nexgrill griddle. The HD associate came to help but we had it loaded up. The guy buying the griddle said he could buy three for the price of one Flatrock, the associate said they had four but everyone is either buying the Loco or Nexgrill, the only other ones they stock. He said the Traeger Rep said although it’s a very good griddle in every way, it’s too plain looking. Everyone loves the nice side shelves but no storage underneath. Kinda what I had thought. But he said they expect it to do very well but it’ll take time being the most expensive one on the market. I feel like it’ll do well, look how much those Timberlines are selling for and lots of folks buy them.
I was in Home Depot this morning and saw the Loco. Looks like a nice griddle for $100 less. I guess it's 3 zone vs. 4, but not sure that really matters much to me (might be important to others though).

I was in Home Depot this morning and saw the Loco. Looks like a nice griddle for $100 less. I guess it's 3 zone vs. 4, but not sure that really matters much to me (might be important to others though).
The Flatrock is also 3 zone, but as you indicated, that might not be a critical factor.

Back