Help! Traeger Connecting to App

JS2021

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Traeger 780
Hi, first post here and really hoping someone can help me.

I just got and set up my new Traeger 780 and very excited to have done so. I have battled with wifi/app set up for a couple of days and thought I finally had a breakthrough this morning but still having an issue.

I am set up through an extender and I have isolated the 2.4 so all that appears in order. I’m on iPhone XS Max and have latest software etc.

Now I run through the whole set up on the app and on the Traeger it shows it all connecting etc. throughout and all seems to go well.

I add the nickname after connections finalise and then when I press next it just goes back to the app home page, with add grill at the bottom like nothing has happened.

Not sure what to do next!!! Please help a new but frustrated Traeger owner.

Thank you.

WELCOME

If I remember correctly once you nicknamed your grill the next screen ignore, just go to Traeger home screen and you should be connected if you originally were... if not get it connected again and SKIP the nickname for now till you are sure you are up and running.

Thank you for the information. There is no screen after the nickname screen it just goes back to the home page strangely with add grill at the bottom of the page as before.

I also can’t skip the nickname page without entering something and pressing next.

First cook tonight and loved it, just wish I could find a solution to get the app working. Cheers for any further help.

So, I have been communicating with Customer Services and they suggest that my issue is the firmware being 01.00.10 ... they say that it is too old and there is a known issue with being unable to connect the grill with this firmware and as a result I can’t update it from home. I have had to send off the controller to be updated manually to the latest firmware and then moving forward I should be able to pair with the app and connect the grill. I should then also receive updates automatically.

A pain to say the least but I am hoping it works!! I guess I will find out in 7-10 working days ha ha.

Thought I would update in case it helps guide someone else.

Back