Timberline controller needs replacing just out of warranty

magnatic

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 1300
My Timberline 1300 is just 2 months out of warranty and Traeger has determined the controller requires replacement as it shows the temperature of the probe to be wildly inaccurate. In fact, the screen reads 111 degrees while the probe is in a glass of ice water and the ambient temperature is 55 F. I've completed all the tests they suggested to rule out any other problem sources and it comes down to having buy a new controller at $384 Canadian. At the time of purchase, this Timberline was Traeger's top of the line and certainly not inexpensive so I find it odd that they won't even give a reduction on the price given the unit is just out of warranty.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with a D2 controller and Traeger's customer service?

Maybe try the same avenue @GrillMeister did
Obviously YMMV

That's good to know. Thank you.

Maybe try the same avenue @GrillMeister did
Obviously YMMV
I have a pro 34 that went out of warranty last November. Traeger replaced everything and I have checked for jammed pellets and it was clear. It has worked all summer, now the temperature won't get higher than the ambient temp. This is my 2nd Traeger. The first one was American made and worked very well for 14 years until there was more smoke outside than inside due to rust. I am frustrated that I have such a lemon. I think next spring I am going to look at one made in the US. I have been a Traeger customer for almost 20 years.

SWMBOS's grandmother taught me a great German phrase. "Fragen kostet nichts" which literally translates to questions cost nothing or more appropriately "It costs nothing to ask".

Considering the amount paid for the Timberline, a personal, polite, letter on paper, and mailed to the head guy at Traeger explaining your dilemma with your expensive grill, and asking to fix it under warranty will only cost you paper & postage. Here's the person to ask, he's the CEO of Traeger.

Mr. Jeremy Andrus
Traeger Pellet Grills, LLC
1215 E Wilmington Ave Suite 200
Salt Lake City, UT 84106

Hopefully he will send it down the line to be handled.

Thank you GrillMeister. I think I'll do that straight away. I'll post the outcome as details unfold.

I received a call from Traeger today indicating that they are shipping me a new controller. Thank you @RustyJake and @GrillMeister for your advice. I commend Traeger for their exceptional customer service and desire to make this right.

Latest Discussions

Back