Timberline 850

mmm good

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I need some help, so my timberline 850 is completely dead. Will not turn on, is there a fuse somewhere like the older traegers or do I need a new controller? Where would I purchase a new controller?

I need some help, so my timberline 850 is completely dead. Will not turn on, is there a fuse somewhere like the older traegers or do I need a new controller? Where would I purchase a new controller?

I know this may sound condescending, but since I have been there and stressed on the wrong device. Have you checked your outlet? If it is a GFI, which it should be for an outside circuit, it could be kicked off.

I would assume there is a fuse. I am awaiting arrival of mine or I would delve into it for you. Wish you luck.

I believe there should be a 5amp glass fuse. Be sure you have proper voltage at the recepticle that you have it plugged into first.

I know this might sound crazy but my 850 was dead..would not turn on or anything. Found out it was the power cord had come loose from the unit. It looked plugged in but had vibrated loose...so...before every cook I just double check to make sure it is pushed all the way in. The previous year model the cord was permanent but if you have the D2 version its like a computer monitor cord.

Yup -- I had the same issue. Timberberline 850. Completely dead. Checked my deck outlet -- reset it -- still nothing.

Plugged shopvac into the outlet, shopvac worked fine.

It was dark out -- around 5:30p . Had no idea what was going on. Figured a fuse had blown on the grill. But too late to do anything.

Start to dump the pellets, look down -- and sure enough, the plug had fallen out of the Timberline's outlet and was sitting on the deck.

Plug it back in -- bingo. Back in business.

Now I check the plug every cook.

Back