Timberline 850

Yuma310

Reaction score
Grill
Timberline 850
I set the temperature on my Timberline 850 and pressed ignite and the grill shut off. Firebox is clean as is rest of grill. Any trouble shooting suggestions?

Did you unplug and try again? Have you reached out to customer support?

You indicated that the firebox was empty. Did you prime the auger before trying to ignite the firebox? It will take about 3 minutes for the auger to move enough pellets to the firebox for the hot rod to ignite them.

I would suggest that you remove the grill grates and heat shields from the Timberline. Then try to prime the auger. You should be able to hear the auger turning and near the end of the sequence you should see a few pellets fall into the fire pot. Once the priming is complete and you acknowledge that on the controller, you can set the desired temperature on the controller. Don't forget to push the knob in after setting the temp to confirm the setting. Then press the ignite button with the grill lid open so you can watch the ignition process in the fire box. If you have insulated gloves, you can put the heat shields and grates back into place and proceed with your cook.

Ah, maybe so. I didn’t get the idea it was a new unit but could be. In which case follow the detailed directions in the owners manual. 👍🏻

The only times the fire pot will be empty is either when the grill is new or right after a thorough cleaning. After a cook, the shutdown sequence generally leaves a few partially burned pellets in the pot, but not quite enough to ignite a new fire.

The only times the fire pot will be empty is either when the grill is new or right after a thorough cleaning. After a cook, the shutdown sequence generally leaves a few partially burned pellets in the pot, but not quite enough to ignite a new fire.
Agreed. I assumed he had cleaned it or that “clean” is a relative term that has different meanings to different people. Now, if he’d just respond, maybe we would all be enlightened. 😁

Latest Discussions

Back