Tailgator auger stops

Mista Mota

Reaction score
Grill
Tailgator
Hello,
I can't seem to find the answer that corrects my problem when searched for it so I'll post it up and see what comes of it.

I have a Tailgator, roughly 10 years old now. and this winter the auger stopped during the middle of a cook. I replaced the auger motor based on the fact the problem I encountered.
replacing the auger motor was super easy so then I try to start it up and a few minutes later the auger motor stops again.. so then I replace the control board... again a fairly easy switch. So now I try to start it up again and still encounter the same problem and today I had time to play with it more too. so I even timed the amount of time it took for the auger motor to stop. which was 3 minutes and 4 seconds. I also found out that If I use the on off switch on the control board the motor will start turning again without any problem so I know the auger isn't jammed.
But why is all of this happening and how do I fix it
Thanks in advance
Jeff

Hello,
I can't seem to find the answer that corrects my problem when searched for it so I'll post it up and see what comes of it.

I have a Tailgator, roughly 10 years old now. and this winter the auger stopped during the middle of a cook. I replaced the auger motor based on the fact the problem I encountered.
replacing the auger motor was super easy so then I try to start it up and a few minutes later the auger motor stops again.. so then I replace the control board... again a fairly easy switch. So now I try to start it up again and still encounter the same problem and today I had time to play with it more too. so I even timed the amount of time it took for the auger motor to stop. which was 3 minutes and 4 seconds. I also found out that If I use the on off switch on the control board the motor will start turning again without any problem so I know the auger isn't jammed.
But why is all of this happening and how do I fix it
Thanks in advance
Jeff
Are you sure that the auger isn’t just stopping at the 3min 4 seconds as part of the initial warm up cycle? If you wait will it start again?

Are you sure that the auger isn’t just stopping at the 3min 4 seconds as part of the initial warm up cycle? If you wait will it start again?
if I wait the temp drops and the fan keep running. the auger does not starts up again

Last edited:
Back