Silverton 810

cgiesler

Reaction score
Grill
Traeger Junior Tailgater
Evening all!

I just recently sold my junior tailgater as I’ve outgrown it and ran out of space for my growing social circles love of smoked meat!

I am flip flopping between a used silverton 810 in great shape and the pro 780 also in great shape. With the silverton being a Costco exclusive I’m not finding a ton of long term reviews on them. Only a couple reviews where the seal on the lid isn’t great.

I would love the WiFi and super simple capabilities but I also have a meater 2 probe so not a deal breaker.

Can anyone provide feedback on if they have a silverton and what their experiences have been?

Thanks!

The Costco exclusive Silverton 810 is kind of a cross between the Ironwood and the Timberline. There are some nice features, but some drawbacks as well. I have an Ironwood 885. You might want to see this review video:

The Pro 780 is a much less expensive grill than either the Ironwood, Silverton, or Timberline. It comes with a smoke stack while the other grills have slots out the back for venting. One disadvantage of the slots is that it makes it quite difficult to use a insulated cover. Traeger does not make one to fit those grills so you have to use a DIY cover made from a welding blanket or similar and try not to block the vents. Since you live in Canada, you might have more opportunities to use an insulated cover than someone living further south.

Otherwise, price might be the distinguishing factor. When new, the Silvertons sold for $1750, but are not currently available. The Pro 780 is around $1000.

@Timmy, who is one of the top BBQ Masters on the forum has a Pro 780, so I know it can produce some fabulous feasts. Check out some of his posts.

Back