Ranger Handle Gets Hot

gilliatt

Media
Reaction score
Grill
Ranger
I have noticed other users have this same issue with the Ranger handle getting too hot. They need to either create replacement handles like the new ones on other models that extend farther out off the front cover plate or, create a simple accessory handle that someone can buy and wrap around it.

As a cheap solution I simply cut up an oven mit and wrapped it around the handle. Image attached.

HEY TRAEGER! I am in branding so just imagine a wrap with your logo on it and you could sell it to all us Ranger users (especially those of us in the Arizona) for say $13.95 each. Way cheaper than other grill handles on Amazon which are too wide for the Rangers little handle.(https://www.amazon.com/BBQ-Grill-Ha...locphy=9029976&hvtargid=pla-944361582704&th=1)

Ranger Handle.png

Another thing that will help is placing silicone rubber washers between the grill lid and the handle. Although some heat will still get transmitted through the screw attachment, it will be greatly reduced. The grill might get to hot for other types of rubber. You can also get washers made of wool felt that might work.

I have noticed other users have this same issue with the Ranger handle getting too hot. They need to either create replacement handles like the new ones on other models that extend farther out off the front cover plate or, create a simple accessory handle that someone can buy and wrap around it.

As a cheap solution I simply cut up an oven mit and wrapped it around the handle. Image attached.

HEY TRAEGER! I am in branding so just imagine a wrap with your logo on it and you could sell it to all us Ranger users (especially those of us in the Arizona) for say $13.95 each. Way cheaper than other grill handles on Amazon which are too wide for the Rangers little handle.(https://www.amazon.com/BBQ-Grill-Ha...locphy=9029976&hvtargid=pla-944361582704&th=1)

View attachment 22390

Good idea, but it would definitely be at least $59.99 if they did it.

Back