Probe Err

REDOC

Media
Reaction score
Grill
TIMBERLINE 850
Timberline 850 with 3rd controller and I mean not even 100 cooks on this thing. Now tonight probe err. Tried clearing alarms but still get same thing. Don't want to mess with this to screw up my cook tonight. I know don't use theirs but come on, nothing but problems with this lemon since I got it. Yes I have other probes and have not picked up enough cans for a fireboard. Any suggestions? With all that been replaced on this just sets me off again.

And please 275 for a meatloff on a smoker on at 4:00 and 7:10 20 off 160 are your kidding me? The temp on this thing is not right.......should be 2 hour cook at that temp. At least thats what I think. Call me wrong. Shit regular stove meat loaf 350 for an hour .............

Timberline 850 with 3rd controller and I mean not even 100 cooks on this thing. Now tonight probe err. Tried clearing alarms but still get same thing. Don't want to mess with this to screw up my cook tonight. I know don't use theirs but come on, nothing but problems with this lemon since I got it. Yes I have other probes and have not picked up enough cans for a fireboard. Any suggestions? With all that been replaced on this just sets me off again.

Nothing you can do or say can change the fact that Traeger meat probe is not worth the hole you plug it in.
I've only owned my Traeger since last August, but I've had smokers for 20 years and meat probes are the only way in any smoker to eat proper food, properly cooked!!! Unless Traeger had 4 probes with a super computer, I would have never relied on the 1 it came with anyway!!!

Hate to say this, but you simply can't trust the Traeger's pit or meat temps.

I may have an old wireless iGrill wireless (uses iPhone app) thermometer around, I think Weber bought them. If that could hold you over for now, I'd send it to you. Let me know and I'll look for it!

Nothing you can do or say can change the fact that Traeger meat probe is not worth the hole you plug it in.
I've only owned my Traeger since last August, but I've had smokers for 20 years and meat probes are the only way in any smoker to eat proper food, properly cooked!!! Unless Traeger had 4 probes with a super computer, I would have never relied on the 1 it came with anyway!!!
I'm with yea and have the cheap
Hate to say this, but you simply can't trust the Traeger's pit or meat temps.

I may have an old wireless iGrill wireless (uses iPhone app) thermometer around, I think Weber bought them. If that could hold you over for now, I'd send it to you. Let me know and I'll look for it!
Thanx! From a Super Mod at this site I'm with yea. Have many wireless/stick probes and no not a super 4/6 probe fireboard yet. But come on Traeger, for the price of your grills you would think they would do better than this.

With yea, would only say my campchef's kicked this overpriced things butt. Only think people should know before they buy. But I have other probes and wirless ones (no fireboards). Thanx.

But come on Traeger, for the price of your grills you would think they would do better than this.
I don't disagree with that at all, but reality is... they don't

Back