Pro 575 sleep mode - is my brisket trashed?

Davewittes

Reaction score
Grill
Pro 575
Good morning,

I just woke up to find my pro 575 went into sleep mode at some point in the night. The grill temp dropped all the way to 80 so I’m guessing it was a few hours ago. Is my brisket toast? Any ideas to save juices/flavor at this point?

Also, I had done a fully remote cook using the app 2 weeks ago with no issues so unsure what could be the cause. Same outlet, location, network, etc.

I am assuming your hopper still has pellets.

The only thing I can think of is a momentary power glitch. If this happens you have to remove as many pellets as possible from the firepot and then restart it. When that didn't happen your grill went to sleep.

This happened to me once. Fortunately, it was not during the night and I noticed it right away. I was quickly able to get it restarted. But soon after I bought a Jackery power station and now I run the Traeger off that, particularly for overnight cooks.

Regarding the brisket, I will say it is probably salvageable. Just empty your firepot, restart the grill and continue cooking. Consider investing in a Jackery.

Next time, put that thing in the oven until the grill is back up and running again. Recover the cooking process as fast as possible.

Latest Discussions

Back